Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Finally!! Something to Report!!

Hooray!!! We got our I-171H form back from the Dept. of Homeland Security! That means our fingerprints and homestudy are officially approved and our application has been sent to the American Embassy in Guangzhou, China.

What's next? We need to get all documents authenticated by the Secretary of State of Minnesota, then we send it all to the Chinese Consulate in Chicago, then they send it back to us, then we send it to our agency, and they send it to the CCAA (China Center for Adoption Affairs)!!

THEN we wait for them to tell us we have a referral (a match)!!

Yeah!! Dawn

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi
I stumbled upon your blog and read a little and as a Adoptive Single Parent I know how the road can be bumpy,,,yours seems to be , bumpy and longer, just thought < I'd wish you good luck on this wonderful journey and enclose a little short poem which you have proably already read but incase not here goes( Read by Mom to child)

Flesh of My Flesh

Not flesh of my flesh
nor bone of my bone
but still miraculously
My own

Never forget
for a single minute
you didnt grow under my heart
but IN IT!
END.
Unconditional Love is all they will ever need ,,,good luck

Anonymous said...

Dawn and Lee! So excited to hear you have your I-171. Getting closer to DTC all the time! I have a selfish reason as well. If INS is done with your I-171 then they can get to ours more quickly.
Prayers coming your way.
Barb Pentecost
(Michaela and Sarah's mom from AWAA)
PS If you get a minute could you send me your email address. Mine is bapentecost@hotmail.com

Blog Widget by LinkWithin