Friday, June 02, 2006

On Hope and Evil

If this adoption process has taught me anything, it's that I must place my hope in the Lord Jesus Christ. As we read in Psalm 33:18, "Behold, the eye of the Lord is on those who fear him, on those who hope in his steadfast love."

That's all well and good, and I could end any discusison with the "God said it, I believe it, and that settles it" approach. But the Apostle Peter wrote that we should "always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you" (1 Peter 3:15).

The truth is that we live in a fallen, sinful world. If there is a God, and if God is good, why does evil exist? This is one question that has consistently challenged my faith.

I realize that this is a deep issue, but I believe it's something we Christians should be thinking about. For what it's worth, you can read my thoughts on the subject here.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin