Thursday, October 05, 2006

Entertainment and Entertained




I have worked for Entertainment for eight years now. Crazy! I remember thinking, "It's a full-time job to put together those books?" I also remember my former boss calling me into his office saying he would like me to stay at that job. He asked what they were paying me so he could compete. I told him and he said, "I wish you all the best." HAHA! Yes, Entertainment has been good to me in so many ways. It is a perfect fit for me, which I guess is obvious since I have been there for this long. I love my job (most of the time!) and am very grateful for it.

Lee had a concert tonight. I took Kiah out for "sketti" at the restaurant down the street. It is so nice to be able to walk to a few different restaurants around here. We actually had sketti and meatballs. Nummy!! It was fun dining with just Kiah. She walked in and at the top of her lungs she said, "I need a BOOSTER!". The owner came right over and took her with him to go get the booster. She carried it back and climbed in. When she saw a grandfatherly type watching her she said, "What's your name?" and proceeded to have a full-on conversation with him. He and his wife were very impressed that she is only two.

She ordered for herself ("I want sketti, please") and while I told her to order milk, the owner said, "and would you like a 'kiddie cocktail' "? She of course nodded vigorously at whatever that meant! When he left, I said, "You were supposed to ask for milk!" and she said, "Nope, I want a kiddie cocktail!" She jumped in the neighbor's pile of leaves on the way home (at their invitation) and then she took a bath and is now in bed. We have sleepovers pretty often but we're such good buddies, we wouldn't we?

She sings abc's all the time, but tonight she sang a-b-c-d-e-i-e-i-o!! HAHA!

Fun night!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin