Here again is the process for Haiti. All wait times are approximate and often are longer. Not included here is the wait time BETWEEN the steps:
- First Legal - 1 to 4 weeks. WE MADE IT THROUGH IN JUST LESS THAN 2.5 WEEKS.
- IBESR is next, which takes anywhere from 3 to 12 months
- Second Legal - 1 to 4 weeks.
- Then comes Parquet- 1 to 14 months. The official wait time is 2-4 months, but people have waited 7-8 months there.
- MOI- It's supposed to take 1 to 3 months. Apparently 5-6 months is more likely.
- Visas issued - This used to take a few days or maybe weeks. Now it is taking 5 months or more for American adoptions. It is due to a problem with the US Consulate in Haiti. Visas are issued by the Canadian consulate in 24 hours or less. The French consulate, less than one week.