Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Olivia Update

Here is an update on our Miss O:
  • She seems to have adjusted very well overall
  • She has gained 1 lb, 2ozs and a half an inch in length in just under three weeks
  • She has caught on to the fact that if she drops something from her highchair, the dogs pick it up, so sometimes, just for fun she drops Cheerios for them - oh, and she sometimes lets them lick her hands...
  • She (YAY!) sleeps about 10 hours straight
  • She is crawling really fast and walking while holding two hands to help
  • She is used to the dogs and crawls right under them, and they walk right around or over her. They seem to have a good understanding of each other

  • She regularly says Mama, Dada, dogga, all-da (all done), hi, ha-o (hello) and has been heard to say Gamma, ge-ta (gentle), tayo (thank you), mo (more) and hi-go (here ya go)
  • She has four teeth on top now (and of course the two little ones on the bottom that she came to us with!) She continues to drool teethe, so there must be more on the way!

We are officially in love. She is a sweet little peanut and we love her to bits. We show her Patricia and Philippe's picture every day. We miss them terribly. My heart ached when Lee said, "I thought having her home would make it easier, but it just makes me want them home all the more". We know they will be home when it is right, we know, we know, but waaaaaaah.

Ok, so I gotta end this on a positive note...

11 comments:

Jenna said...

1. awesome! just could eat her up! what a little cupcake!

2. i know what you mean about P & P! i'm glad that God is giving you this time to enjoy the baby phase without the demands of older children, but it totally makes sense that you want your family all under one roof. and i'm glad that Olivia didn't fill the Patricia- or Philippe-sized holes in your heart. that just goes to show how incredibly bonded to them you are!! (not that i doubted it for a second!)

Kathy Cassel said...

Adorable!


Perhaps we will all get good news this month.

CG said...

I've said this a million times, but I must say it again; she's SO SO SO STINKIN' CUTE!!!! I woke up Monday morning literally praising God for her, thinking of all you've been through, and just rejoicing in her preciousness. It's still a little hard for me to believe she's really home! I've been window-shopping for her, and I'll often find something I like, but then I picture it on her and think, "Nope, not cute enough for Olivia!" How I wish I could pick up that little baby girl and squeeze, squeeze, squeeze!

Barb P. said...

Olivia is so cute with the dogs! I love you guys a lot
Michaela

Dori's Mommy (Diana) said...

Too precious!

kayder1996 said...

Wow! I can't believe her friendship with the dogs. I'm assuming she's never been around animals before so that's great. Kenson grew 6 inches in 6 months; it looks like Olivia's going to keep growing in a similar fashion. More well rounded nutrition plus some loving from a family make a difference. I too think that having Olivia home by herself for a while will be something you will be grateful for in the long run. But it certainly doesn't diminish how your heart wants your other kids home, where they belong.

Carlee said...

Rejoicing with you over your precious daughter being home. And praying your son and daughter home SOON!

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

She certainly is picking things up fast... she is so gorgeous...

Katy said...

She is SO darling...and oh do I understand how much your heart aches for the sweet ones in Haiti...but you are getting closer. The timing will be perfect.

Tracy said...

That last picture is too precious for words. Olivia is talkin' up a storm!!

Unknown said...

Love the pix. Thanks for posting! My favorite, if I had to pick one, would be the one with little O and the puppy at the door - how cute is that??? Nicole

Blog Widget by LinkWithin