Thursday, August 24, 2006

100 Wishes Quilt

Olivia got her very first piece of mail today when we received the first piece of fabric for our 100 Good Wishes Quilt! It was from one of my nearest and dearest, Margie, who has been my friend since the 7th grade. Here is the album that I am using, too.

When I got married, I received a fabric box from my sister's mother-in-law, Barbara, for special items. I got it out the other day to pull out the special items I had in there: my baby quilt and the first outfit Lee ever wore as an infant. But there was one other item in there and it choked me up! I couldn't believe that there was a little pair of Chinese pants in the box. I remembered that I put them in there years ago, since I thought they were sweet and if someday we had a child...but for that to be the only other item in there? I call it divine providence!

Looking forward to receiving more fabric! I am excited and energized by this project and hope it makes the wait more tolerable!

Love,

Dawn

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin