Saturday, September 15, 2007

More on "Bail and Sail"

I had to post this beautiful email we got from my cousin. Please make sure you read my post from September 12 before you read this.

Dear Dawn and family,

In recent days I have been reading and rereading the story of the storm, the disciples, and Jesus. It must have been one terrific storm for even the fishermen to be afraid. I wonder what they woke Jesus up for. It seems that they might have wanted to blame him as he suggested the trip. It seems that they might have just wanted Him to worry with them, for when He answered their fears by calming the storm immediately, they were more terrified of His power than they were the storm. I think they finally began to realize just whom they were dealing with and that it wasn't just about them, but for His glory. My prayer for you all today is that that same Jesus will be so near to you today that you will physically as well as spiritually feel His presence and experience His answers. I pray for incredible and deep wisdom for the doctors as they look into this situation with Aunt Pauline. I suppose that it wouldn't hurt all of us to be reminded that Jesus doesn't need to sleep anymore. God bless you all as you go through this time.

Much love,
Carolyn

1 comment:

mshel333 said...

Carolyn, I like how you put it: "...Jesus doesn't need to sleep anymore." He is our ever-vigilant Good Shepherd.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin