Friday, April 25, 2008

Foody Friday (a little late)

Lee and I have been sick all week. We woke up with terrible colds on Tuesday morning and have gotten sicker and sicker as the week has gone on. I haven't been able to see my Mom since Monday (and I broke my 45 day streak!) Lee missed rehearsal and a concert for the Great Northern Union, and we both missed work. I definitely had it worse than he did. (Lucky!) So here is my (lame) contribution to Foody Friday. Chicken Noodle Soup. I have to admit, I am sentimental over even the dumbest things, and when I was little and had a cold, my Mama made Campbell's Chicken Noodle Soup. I like it when I am sick and only when I am sick.

Here is where the drama comes in. My husband, my dear, sweet husband, will not buy, and will not let ME buy, Campbell's Chicken Noodle Soup. If I sneak a can in, it doesn't matter, because when I am really sick, I am not the one MAKING (ok, preparing) the soup, so he just won't grab that can. It's not that I don't like Progresso. It's good! It's just not Campbell's. **Hack** COUGH! Oh, sorry. I just had a coughing spell after my laughing spell. Lee was just talking about how we aren't even going to buy PROGRESSO anymore because we are going to make our own soup. (Keep in mind we only eat chicken noodle soup when we are sick!) Oh, but here is the best part! He was talking about how he wants us to learn how to can!! Um, yeah, I am going to CAN my own vegetables. Listen, I know that sounds great. I know there are those among us (even in our families) that do this, but the women who do this DO NOT HAVE FULL TIME JOBS. If you have a full time job and you can your own vegetables, please let me know, and might I say right now, hats off to you. (Did I mention that we don't even have a vegetable garden? The bunny family that lives under our deck would love that!)

4 comments:

Jenny said...

LOLOLOL. I heart Campbell's, too when I'm sick.
For what it's worth, homemade ck noodle soup is not hard, and is really good and is kinda worth it.

:)
Love you, hope you feel betah.

Dawn S. said...

I am not thinking that making the soup would be hard, I just don't think either one of us is going to make soup from scratch when we are sick! So, Miss Jenny, bring it on over!

Anonymous said...

Dawn, I am with you on this one. I love nothing better that Campbell's Chicken Noodle soup. Progresso has a great Clam Chowder but comes on where near Campbell's Chicken Noodle. Sorry I couldn't genetically pass on to my son the love of Campbells. However, in his defense, a good home-made chicken soup is what the doctor ordered. Now if I can only find that prescription. Where did I leave it?

Jenny said...

I make it when I'm sick :oP

Actually, that's a lie. I make it when my family is sick... before I succomb to the illness at hand. then, it's made when I want it. :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin